Whole wheat bread is certainly a better alternative to white bread, particularly for those who are trying to lose weight. This includes even more amount of fiber, less carbohydrates and sugar, as compared to white bakery. Those who are under a new low carbohydrate or low-sugar diet would definitely benefit from this type of bread. In addition, you feel full easily because regarding the rich fiber content; consequently, you do not end up wanting to be able to keep on munching on loads associated with food.
Spiced Banana Bread Muffins You can make delightful loaf of bread recipes using whole wheat. With the particular perfect combination of ingredients, you can surely enjoy sinking your the teeth in flavourful and nutritious bread. Check out these great ingredients to add throughout your whole wheat bread menu.
Spiced Banana Bread Muffins step by step. Can also spray with Pam for Baking as a shortcut. Note: You can line with paper liners instead, but sometimes muffins stick to the paper so I prefer the greasing method..
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spiced banana bread muffins using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spiced Banana Bread Muffins:
- Get 2 cup all-purpose flour
- Get 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Take 1 tsp baking soda
- Prepare 4 medium to large VERY ripe bananas (plenty of brown and very soft)
- Prepare 1 cup granulated sugar
- Get 2 large eggs
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Get 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Take 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Take 1/3 cup light olive oil or canola oil
- Prepare 1 tsp vanilla extract
In your mixer, combine, bananas, nutmeg, cinnamon, eggs, melted butter and sugar. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to banana mixture and mix to combine. Fill muffin cups, and divide crumb topping evenly over muffins.
Steps to make Spiced Banana Bread Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 12 count muffin tin as well as the inner 6 wells of a second tin (or a 6 count tin lol). Can also spray with Pam for Baking as a shortcut. Note: You can line with paper liners instead, but sometimes muffins stick to the paper so I prefer the greasing method.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Place peeled bananas, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves into a large bowl. Mash everything together until well combined. It will be lumpy and that is fine. Note: You can use the back of a large fork or wooden spoon for this, but I prefer a handheld potato masher. Works perfectly every time.
- Add oil and vanilla to liquid mix and vigorously stir about 10 times around. The oil won't blend in completely at this time and this is fine. Add all of flour mixture to bowl at one time. Stir and fold gently into liquid mix until just combined but no dry clumps remain (the oil should now be blended in). Do not over stir.
- Fill each greased well of muffin tins about 2/3 full until batter is all used up. Place in oven and bake 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a couple muffins comes out clean. Mine took a full 20.
- Let muffins cool in tins for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container. Will keep stored in the fridge for about a week or on the counter a few days.
- Alterations: To make into a loaves grease and flour 2, 8x3" loaf pans, divide batter equally into each and bake at 350°F for 45 minites to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Can also make these "low fat, low cholesterol" by replacing the eggs and oil with unsweetened applesauce. Sub 1/4 c per egg and equal exchange for the oil (1/3 c). Make as you would with the original ingredients.
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, egg substitute, bananas, applesauce and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Set aside; In medium bowl attached to a stand mixer, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, bananas and vanilla until combined. These banana muffins are soft, buttery, and spiced with cinnamon. They're wonderful plain, with chopped walnuts, or even chocolate chips.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food spiced banana bread muffins recipe. Eating healthy does not mean an individual have to put up with dull and bland food items. In reality, you can still enjoy something special and tasty even when you are on a restricted diet. Whole wheat goes well with several components such as fruits, vegetable, nuts and delicious chocolate; you can use these foodstuff things to make the bread menu style superb and appetizing. Hence, try the particular ideas in making scrumptious whole grain bread that you and the entire family will love.