Whole wheat bread is without a doubt a better alternative to white bread, particularly for those who are seeking to lose weight. This contains additional amount of fiber, less glucose in addition to sugar, as compared to white bakery. Those who are under a low-carb or low-sugar diet would absolutely advantage from this type of bread. Furthermore, you feel full easily because associated with the rich fiber content; therefore, a person do not end up wanting to be able to keep on munching on loads of food.
No one can resist a thick slice of freshly baked banana bread, especially when it's studded with melting chocolate chips and toasty walnuts. Baking this bread is a good way to take advantage of fruit that has been languishing on the counter throughout the busy week. The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more delicious the bread will be.
Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread Fruits Blueberries, banana and orange are simply a few of the several fruits that you can mix in typically the batter. Whole wheat will absolutely flavour appetizing by adding fresh berries or mashed bananas. Make a nice loaf or muffins with these materials. Certainly not only will you enjoy the fascinating taste of the fruits on the particular bread; they also provide vitamin supplements in addition to minerals that make the bread nutritious and scrumptious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chocolate walnut banana bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread:
- Get 2 cups all purpose flour
- Prepare 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make ready 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- Take 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- Take 2 eggs
- Take 3 large very ripe bananas (don't mash until ready to mix)
- Prepare 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Get 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Make ready 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
DIRECTIONS Hand mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, walnuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract in mixing bowl until chocolate chips and walnuts are evenly spread out throughout mixture. In another bowl, mash bananas and add to the main mixing bowl. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla.
Instructions to make Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350° & spray a glass 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients except walnuts (flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa.) I sifted mine 3 times. This will ensure all your ingredients mix well and you won't overwork the batter.
- In a separate bowl use a hand mixer to blend all the wet ingredients until smooth (eggs, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.) Set aside and mash your bananas with a fork (a few chunks are ok.) Once mashed combine bananas with the wet ingredients. Add the walnuts and give a quick stir.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. I recommend doing this in batches. I did 4 batches, gently folding each with a spatula. Stir just enough to combine. You don't want to overwork the batter because it will result in a dense bread. Pour into prepared dish and place on center rack in oven.
- Bake at 350° for about an hour. Check for doneness by inserting a small knife or a wooden skewer into the center. It's done if it comes out clean. Ovens vary so cooking time may be a little different.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 30 minutes. After that remove from pan and cool for another hour on a rack.
Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined. A delicious, moist, easy to make chocolate banana quick bread. Made with cocoa powder & applesauce - this decadent bread is almost guilt-free. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food chocolate walnut banana bread recipe. Eating healthy does not mean an individual have to put up with dull and bland food items. In simple fact, you can still enjoy something special and tasty even when you happen to be on a restricted diet. Whole wheat goes well with several materials many of these as fruits, vegetable, nuts and chocolates; you can use these foods things to make the bread menu style superb and appetizing. Hence, try typically the ideas in making scrumptious whole wheat or grain bread that you and the entire family will love.