Whole wheat bread is indeed a better alternative to white bread, particularly for those who are trying to lose weight. This includes more amount of fiber, less carbs and sugar, as compared to white loaf of bread. Those who are under a low-carb or low-sugar diet would definitely benefit from this type of bread. In addition, you feel full easily because associated with the rich fiber content; consequently, a person do not end up wanting in order to keep on munching on loads regarding food.
Amish Friendship Bread & Starter You can make tasty loaf of bread recipes using whole wheat. With the perfect combination of ingredients, you will certainly surely enjoy sinking your teeth on flavourful and nutritious bread. Check out and about these great ingredients to add within your whole wheat bread formula.
Here it is, the one and only original Amish Friendship Bread. But I've got to say the original recipe (with raisins and nuts and all that cinnamon-sugar glory) is in first place. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook amish friendship bread & starter using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Amish Friendship Bread & Starter:
- Get starter:
- Get 1 package(2 1/4 TSP) Active Dry Yeast
- Prepare 1/4 cup warm water (110°F)
- Take 1 cup granulated sugar
- Take 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Take 1 cup milk (non-fat is okay)
- Make ready feedings(2):
- Take 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- Take 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Prepare 2 cup milk, divided (non-fat is okay)
- Take for the bread:
- Get 1 & 1/4 TSP baking powder
- Get 1 TSP baking soda
- Get 1/2 TSP salt
- Get 2 TSP cinnamon, divided
- Take 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Make ready 1 cup Starter
- Make ready 2/3 cup oil
- Make ready 1 cup & 4 TSP sugar(4 tsp is for cinnamon topping)
- Prepare 3 eggs
- Make ready 1 TSP vanilla extract
- Get Optional: 1 cup of chocolate chips(or any other chip) or chopped nuts
That way, the family bread will be passed down from generation to generation. When fed with flour and water every few days, the starter just grows stronger. AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD: Mix oil, eggs, and vanilla with the starter mix. In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla pudding mix, and nuts.
Steps to make Amish Friendship Bread & Starter:
- DAY 1: - 1. Make the starter: Stir yeast into warm water. Allow mix to sit for 10 minutes to fully "bloom" - 2. Whisk sugar & flour in a 2 qt container. Whisk in milk, and be sure to stir the corners well, so the flour doesn't clump and get stuck to the bottom. - 3. Stir yeast mixture into the flour mixture. Cover container & store on your counter.
- Days 2-4 : stir the mixture once per day
- Day 5: - - 1. Feed the mixture: Stir in 1 cup of each:; sugar, flour & milk into the starter. (To make this part easier, I just separated my sugar & flour in sandwich bags for both feedings & measured my milk as needed) Cover loosely & store back on the counter.
- Days 6-9: stir the mixture once per day
- Day 10: LAST FEEDING DAY - - 1. Feed the mixture: Stir 1 cup of each (sugar, flour & milk into starter). Cover loosely & store on the counter. - - 2. Remove 1 cup of the starter for yourself for the Amish friendship bread recipe. Then remove the remaining 3 cups to give to 3 friends with the recipe attached (or you can freeze the remaining starter in a sealed Ziploc bags for future use)
- FRIENDSHIP BREAD RECIPE: I took a screenshot of the recipe instructions, it wouldn't let me save the typed information.
- I garnished my Bread with a quick chocolate ganache, as well as adding butterscotch & chocolate chips to my batter. Soo yummy!!! 😋
- Also, a quick tip, so you don't lose track of your days : get an index card, tape it to your container & write the date you 1st prepared the starter & then list all the days after that: for example, I began my Starter on April 22nd, so this is how I did it: - - Day 1: 4/22/16 - Days 2-4: 4/23-4/25 Stir Mixture once per day - Day 5: 4/26 (Feed mixture one cup of each Flour, Sugar & Milk) - - And so on… That's how I was able to keep up with my dates, I know it's easy to lose track of the days, so I hope this helps..
Add to liquid mixture and stir thoroughly. To make the traditional Amish Friendship Bread, you need to get a "bread starter" from one of your friends (or make it yourself). The starter is made with a mixture of flour, sugar and milk placed into a resealable bag. You knead the bag once a day for a few days And then you have to "feed" it a few days after that. Use this Amish Friendship Bread Starter Recipe as a base for many sweet breads, dinner rolls, muffins and other baked goods.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food amish friendship bread & starter recipe. Eating healthy does not mean a person have to put up with dull and bland food items. In fact, you can still enjoy something lovely and tasty even when you happen to be on a restricted diet. Whole wheat or grain goes well with several materials such as fruits, vegetable, nuts and delicious chocolate; you can use these foods items to make the bread recipe style superb and appetizing. Hence, try the ideas in making scrumptious whole rice bread that you and the complete family will love.