Whole wheat bread is certainly a better alternative to white bread, particularly for those who are striving to lose weight. This consists of even more amount of fiber, less carbohydrate food in addition to sugar, as compared to white bread. Those who are under some sort of low carbohydrate or low-sugar diet would absolutely gain from this type of bread. Additionally, you feel full easily because regarding the rich fiber content; hence, an individual do not end up wanting to be able to keep on munching on loads associated with food.
Made with sprouted grains to keep it delicious, nutritious, and easy to digest. Angelic Rye Bread is perfect for reubens, BLTs, or grilled cheese. I work with wheat a lot and bake and cook often.
California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread Fruits Blueberries, banana and orange are simply a few of the many benefits that you can mix in typically the batter. Whole wheat will definitely flavor appetizing by adding fresh berries or even mashed bananas. Make a nice loaf or muffins with these materials. Not necessarily only will you enjoy the fascinating taste of the fruits on typically the bread; they also provide vitamin supplements in addition to minerals that make the bread healthy and scrumptious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have california 100% whole grain sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread:
- Prepare Sourdough Starter
- Take Flour
- Take Water
- Get Salt
Traditional Whole Grain Sourdough How exciting!! Finally a whole wheat sourdough that doesn't get used as a doorstop! Check back often, because I will be tweaking it regularly. This is just a rough draft!!
Steps to make California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread:
- Day 1 - Find a plastic or glass container to build, feed, and keep your starter. - Mix: - • 3 tbsp of starter (Sourdough starter, or build your own with 4 tbsp of flour and 2 tbsp of water – mix and store in closed container for 12-24 hours at room temperature or until you see bubbles - then use it for this recipe) - • 3 tbsp of water - • 3 tbsp of flour - Rest: for 12 hours - The starter will become active and form bubbles, and it will smell like sourdough due to the fermentation process.
- Day 2 - From the previous step of day 1, you are going to take only 3 tbsp of the mixture, which is your starter. - Step 1 - Mix: - • 3 tbsp of starter (from day 1 starter you build) - • 3 tbsp of water - • 3 tbsp of flour - Rest: for 5 hours - Step 2 - Mix: - • 3 tbsp of step 1 starter. - • 1 ¼ cup of flour - • 1 cup of water - Just mix all the ingredients and put in a closed container and let it rest at room temperature. - Rest: 12 hours (overnight will be best)
- Day 3 - This is the day that you will be making your bread (yay!). I promise that at the end, the work and patience will be all worth it. After the larger starter you build before and sit for 12 hours, you are going to do the following:
- Step 1 – Mix (just to incorporate and distribute all the ingredients – do not overmix): - • 2 2/8 cups of starter (almost all the starter you prepared the day before) - • 8 cups of whole grain flour - • 6 1/4 cups of water (ADD ONE cup at a time and if you use white flour, you will need to adjust the water).
- 2 ½ tbsp of salt - Rest: 45 minutes (Do not make a dough, this is just to mix the ingredients together. Rest in a closed container at room temperature) It is going to look chunky like the photo:
- Step 2 – Stretch and Fold - Watch the video on YouTube titled “The Stretch and Fold technique from Peter Reinhart”. - Stretch and Fold only four times the dough (for each time you do it). - Put the dough back to your closed container. - Rest: 30 minutes
- Step 3 – Stretch and Fold - Follow the same produce from before - Rest: 30 minutes
- Step 4 – Stretch and Fold - Follow the same produce from before - Rest: 30 minutes
- Step 5 – Divide and shape the dough, then rest right before baking - • Divide the dough into 2 dough pieces. This recipe will give you two loaves of bread. You can use a rectangular bake pan for this. - • Shape dough. Watch video on YouTube “Bread 101 – basic white bread shaping and baking loaf”. This will give you an idea on how to shape and pan the dough. - • Let the dough rest inside the pan for 1 or 2 hours, or until it has reached the top of the bake pan.
- Step 6 – Bake - Bake the bread at 475 F for 45 minutes, or until dark brown on top. Let the bread cool down before cutting it. Enjoy. - You could add steam to your oven by adding 1 cup of hot water to your lower rack pan and removing it after 10 minutes.
I'll let you know my time line and you can adjust it to fit your schedule. Times may need to be adjusted when using a weaker starter or when the temps are different in your home. I did mine on a really warm day. I tried this bread several times to be sure I was doing it the right way. The colour is because I took the picture at night under the light of a lamp.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food california 100% whole grain sourdough bread recipe. Eating healthy does not mean you have to put up with dull and bland food items. In fact, you can still enjoy something sugary and tasty even when you are usually on a restricted diet. Whole rice goes well with several materials many of these as fruits, vegetable, nuts and dark chocolate; you can use these foods items to make the bread recipe flavor superb and appetizing. Hence, try the ideas in making scrumptious whole grain bread that you and the entire family will love.