Whole wheat bread is certainly a better alternative to white bread, particularly for those who are attempting to lose weight. This includes extra amount of fiber, less glucose and even sugar, as compared to white bread. Those who are under some sort of low carbohydrate or low-sugar diet would absolutely gain from this type of bread. Moreover, you feel full easily because of the rich fiber content; consequently, an individual do not end up wanting in order to keep on munching on loads of food.
With stand or hand mixer, beat together the sugar and shorteninng until light and fluffy. Beat in the bananas, pumpkin, egg and vanilla until well-combined. Beat in the cream, followed by the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves until just combined.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread) Fruits and veggies Blueberries, banana and orange are simply a few of the quite a few fruit that you can mix in typically the batter. Whole wheat will surely taste appetizing by adding fresh berries or perhaps mashed bananas. Make a nice loaf or muffins with these materials. Not really only will you enjoy the enjoyable taste of the fruits on the particular bread; they also provide vitamin supplements in addition to minerals that make the bread healthy and scrumptious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have pumpkin banana muffins (or bread) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread):
- Get 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Prepare 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Make ready 1 tsp. baking soda
- Prepare 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Get 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. salt
- Get 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Get 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Get 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Make ready 1/3 cup honey
- Make ready 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Make ready 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt (or sour cream) at room temperature
- Make ready 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Prepare 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large spotty ones)
- Prepare 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Prepare 1/2 cup mix ins of choice -chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts, etc
Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Pumpkin Spiced Banana Bread Muffins - These muffins are so moist and perfectly fall spiced from the bread to the crumb topping. Pumpkin Banana Muffins put a Fall twist on banana bread with the perfect balance of pumpkin and banana.
Instructions to make Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread):
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If making muffins, grease a 12 count muffin tin or line with parchment liners. If making bread, grease a loaf pan and place a piece of parchment paper into the pan, letting it overhang over the sides to easily lift out the finished loaf.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder until well combined. Set this aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it is smooth and creamy, then beat in the sugar until they are combined and fluffy. Beat in the honey, eggs, yogurt (or sour cream) and vanilla extract. When that is combined, mix in the mashed banana and pumpkin puree.
- Switch to a rubber spatula and add your dry ingredients to the wet. Mix with the spatula just until combined. Then fold in the mix in you are using. Do not overmix.
- If making muffins, fill up the muffin tins with batter. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool for 10 or so minutes in the pan before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If making bread, pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the bread pan onto a wire rack and allow the loaf to cool completely.
- No matter what you decide to make, store them in the fridge for 4-5 days or you can freeze for later and enjoy!
Pumpkin Banana Muffins are a huge hit in our household. They are made with whole wheat flour, bumping the nutrition value. The pumpkin and banana make for a moist muffin, so not a lot of oil is needed. Line a muffin tin with liners and lightly spray with non-stick spray and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, vegetable oil, mashed banana, vanilla, and the egg.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food pumpkin banana muffins (or bread) recipe. Eating healthy does not mean you have to put up with uninteresting and bland food items. In reality, you can still enjoy something sugary and tasty even when you are usually on a restricted diet. Whole wheat goes well with several materials such as fruits, vegetable, nuts and chocolates; you can use these foodstuff products to make the bread menu tastes superb and appetizing. Hence, try the ideas in making scrumptious whole wheat bread that you and the entire family will love.