This particular text will continue the topic regarding cakes and cake recipes. In my last two articles I have written about the best cake recipes throughout Poland. This time I will offer you some examples of the greatest recipes from the world. As usually I will be writing about bread that are cheap, tasty and quick to prepare. So read this text to the end and I’m sure that you will like the details included in it.
Little Apple Pies using Frozen Puff Pastry The first cake that I would like to present comes from Germany. It’s chocolate cake that is very tasty. A lot of people adore this cake. Typically the German chocolate cake recipe includes powdered cocoa, hot water, butter or margarine, sweets, eggs, flour, soda, buttermilk or clabber. It’s very special, because it flavor like chocolate, but you don’t put chocolate to it. You can as well add some additions like caramel plus other things. As you can notice the ingredients are also very affordable and the cake is also really easy to prepare.
Apples: Use a crisp, sweet-sour kind of apple. For instance, Granny Smith, Fuji, Gala, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp. Puff pastry: Ready-rolled - found in the refrigerator section of the supermarket.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook little apple pies using frozen puff pastry using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Little Apple Pies using Frozen Puff Pastry:
- Get 2 Frozen puff pastry (150 g per sheet)
- Get 1 Apple (preferably Jonathan)
- Prepare 1 tsp Butter
- Make ready 25 grams Sugar
- Prepare 1 dash Cinnamon powder
- Take 1 tsp Rum
- Get 1 Cake crumbs (finely crumbled sponge cakes)
- Take 1 Egg
Drizzle the caramel sauce over the puff pastry apple hand pies, sprinkle a little kosher salt over the pastries and enjoy! Storage and reheating: Store puff pastry hand pies in a secure container in the fridge for up to a week. When you're looking for a quick fix, these hit the spot every time. Made with easy store-bought puff pastry and a mixture of grated apples, these are baked quickly and produce a flaky buttery pie with a juicy cinnamon apple filling.
Steps to make Little Apple Pies using Frozen Puff Pastry:
- Prepare the filling. Peel the apple and chop into fourths. Then cut the quarters into fourths.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and sauté the apples lightly.
- Add cinnamon and sugar, then cook some more. When it gives out some liquid, cover the pan and steam-cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- After plenty of juices are release, remove the lid and cook over high heat to reduce the juice. Add rum.
- Transfer the apple into a shallow container and let it cool thoroughly.
- Place the puff pastry on parchment paper and slice into fourths. Top with cake crumbs and put two pieces of the drained apples on each sheet.
- Spread beaten egg on the four corners of the pastry pieces as well as where they overlap. Pick up the corners and fold in together in a little twist as if making shumai dumplings.
- Place on parchment paper or muffin cup liners, and put into pudding cups. Bake in the oven at 180-220℃ for approx. 35 minutes.
In full disclosure and in all honesty, this apple dessert recipe did not turn out how I had envisioned it. This recipe had been on my mind for a week or so. I had pictured the ease of puff pastry, making a perfect crust for a neatly enclosed half-moon-shaped apple pie. Now to make this puff pastry apple slab pie I went super easy for you! I have this simple apple compote that I add to a bunch of different recipes so it was natural for me to make this.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food little apple pies using frozen puff pastry recipe. Here you can find ingredients that are incorporated in all French cake recipes. These types of ingredients are cold water, salt, butter and flour. They are also really cheap. In my opinion you will need to try to prepare this cake. We recommend it.