This text will continue the topic of cakes and cake recipes. In my own last two articles I have published about the best cake recipes in Poland. This time I will provide you some examples of the best recipes from the world. As often I will be writing about pancakes that are cheap, tasty and quick to prepare. So read this text to the end and I’m certain that you will like the details included in it.
The Victoria Sponge was named after Queen Victoria, as reputedly it was her favorite cake. Anna, the Duchess of Bedford, who has been given credit for introducing the charming art of the afternoon tea, was a lady in waiting to the queen who quickly adopted the custom of serving sponge cakes as part of the tea. A Victoria Sponge was the favorite sponge cake of Queen Victoria, and has since become a tried-and-true recipe for tea-time sponge cakes.
Classic Victoria sponge cake The next dessert is very popular in the globe (especially in Europe). It’s French treat. There are lots of French dishes. There are lots of opinions of which French cake is difficult to prepare. In fact it only takes a lot of time to prepare for the reason that you have to wait for 10 hours, but the process is incredibly easy. I think that French treat is a good dessert.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook classic victoria sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Classic Victoria sponge cake:
- Take 8 oz caster sugar
- Prepare 8 oz butter or stork
- Make ready 8 oz self raising flour
- Prepare 4 eggs
- Take For the icing ontop
- Make ready 175 g icing sugar
- Prepare 75 g butter or stork
We are avid bakers and fiercely competitive about the lightness of our cakes. Making a feather-light sponge cake has always been the sign of being a good baker. This has created many myths around the making of a. Mary Berry's easy Victoria sponge cake recipe is a baking classic and a tasty tea-time treat.
Instructions to make Classic Victoria sponge cake:
- Cream (whisk) the butter and caster sugar together
- Crack the eggs into a jug and whisk. Then slowly add the eggs to the mixture.
- Next sieve the flour into the mixture. I buy pre sifted flour (see pic) just to make it quicker! And fold the flour in with a metal spoon. Fold it in using figure of 8 movements. You don’t want to knock the air out of the mixture.
- Grease then flour two round baking tins (8 inch tins) and pre heat oven to 180c pour the mixture into the tins and put in oven for around 16-18 mins
- Check that knife comes out clean. Put on wire rack to cool.
- For the icing you can use around 175g icing sugar and slowly add water while mixing until you have enough to cover the cake. If you add too much water just add more icing sugar until the correct consistency then decorate. Spread jam in the middle of the cake.
- If you want to make butter icing then mix 175g of icing sugar and 75g butter together. Spread onto cake then decorate. Normally I would make a round cake like above and in the middle I would put jam and buttercream and put buttercream on the top. For the cake below I made it in a rectangle tin to make a tray bake.
The Victoria Sandwich (named after Queen Victoria) was originally shaped in a long loaf, filled, and cut into fingers or "sandwiches." It has become the quintessential round cake that every English homemaker has had in her repertoire from the time of its royal debut, both the original and, in the decades since, countless versions and incarnations. I fell in love with Victoria Sponge on my first trip to England. From the first time I saw this moist, yet fluffy vanilla sponge cake filled with cream and jam, I knew it was love. For the final technical challenge Mary Berry asked the bakers to make this simple sponge with homemade jam and buttercream - without a recipe. This Victoria sandwich recipe by Mary Barry is.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food classic victoria sponge cake recipe. Here a person can find ingredients that are integrated in all French cake recipes. These types of ingredients are cold water, salt, butter and flour. They are also very cheap. In my opinion you have to try to prepare this cake. My partner and i recommend it.