This kind of text will continue the topic regarding cakes and cake recipes. In my personal last two articles I have created about the best cake recipes inside Poland. This time I will give you some examples of the best recipes from the world. As generally I will be writing about cakes that are cheap, tasty and simple to prepare. So read this textual content to the end and I’m sure that you will like the facts included in it.
Coconut Basbousa (semolina cake) The first pastry that I would like to offer comes from Germany. It’s chocolate cake that is very tasty. A great deal of people adore this cake. Typically the German chocolate cake recipe includes cacao, hot water, butter or margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, soda, buttermilk or clabber. It’s very special, because it tastes like chocolate, but you don’t put chocolate to it. You can as well add some additions like caramel in addition to other things. As you can discover the ingredients are also very cheap and the cake is also very easy to prepare.
Mix the semolina, coconut, sugar, baking soda, and the butter in a large bowl. Use your hands to incorporate the butter with the other ingredients until mixed well. Add the yogurt and continue mixing with your hands until fully combined.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have coconut basbousa (semolina cake) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Basbousa (semolina cake):
- Make ready 2 cups semolina
- Get 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Make ready 1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- Get 1 tin condensed milk (sweetened 397 gms)
- Make ready 1 & 1/4 cup water
- Take 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Make ready OPTIONAL: pinch of vanilla powder and pinch of cardamom powder
- Get SUGAR SYRUP : 3 cups water, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 lemon slice, few cardamom pods
Basbousa is a Middle Eastern semolina and coconut cake. It's one of the first desserts I learned how to make with my mum when I was a child, and I loved it so much. My mother also loved to share this cake with friends and sometimes would ask me to make it when she had guests coming over. Basbousa Recipe aka Harissa Dessert (Middle Eastern Coconut Semolina Cake) Basbousa Cake, also known as Namoura or Harissa, is rich and dense with a rustic texture from semolina, and a sticky sweetness from rose or orange blossom-scented sugar syrup.
Steps to make Coconut Basbousa (semolina cake):
- Mix ghee and condensed milk. Add in semolina and coconut. Add cardamom powder, vanilla, baking powder. Finally add water and mix till smooth. Top with sliced almonds and pistachios if you have some. Let this mixture sit for atleast 30 minutes !
- Grease a rectangular wide baking dish. You don’t want the layer to be too thick. Pour in batter and bake in a pre heated oven for 30-35 mins at 190c. Turn the top on for the last 7-8 mins to brown the top. Basically there isn’t much cooking, just want the liquid to dry up so once a skewer inserted comes out clean, it should be good to go.
- Side by side, bring 3 cups of water to boil with 3/4 cups of sugar. Add squeeze of lemon juice and leave a lemon slice in. You can add some cardamom pods too. Boil for 7-8 minutes, you need about 2.5 cups of liquid. It doesn’t need to become a thick consistency! But it does need to be very hot when the basbousa comes out of the oven.
- Once basbousa is out of the oven, pour strained sugar syrup over it. All sides and in the Centre. Let it rest for about two hours. Then cut into squares or rectangles or even diamonds and enjoy!
- Serving tip: use cupcake liners / wrappers to serve individual pieces !
At Comal in Denver, Vian Alnidawi and Sara Nassr have become known for their basbousa, a Middle Eastern semolina cake that's flecked with coconut and soaked in a sweet syrup. A delicious coconut, yogurt and semolina/farina cake that gets sprinkled with nuts and drizzled with syrup to put the final seal of perfection. Basbousa/basboosa is a term in the Middle east that refers to a very sweet semolina - sort of- cake. This is a moist and delicious coconut cake made with semolina (sooji) and fresh ground coconut as well as coconut milk. A rich egg-based cake and takes less than an hour to make.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food coconut basbousa (semolina cake) recipe. Here a person can find ingredients that are bundled in all French cake recipes. These kinds of ingredients are cold water, salt, butter and flour. They are also quite cheap. In my opinion you will need to try to prepare this cake. We recommend it.