Chicken has got to be one associated with the most universal meats we have today. You can do so much with it, and you get hence much from it. Have you got a really terrific chicken recipe of which every time your family sits down to the table puts a laugh on their face? Most of us all do have such a wonderful menu, for some of us it is fried chicken, and for others that will be our famous chicken soup.
Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) The funny thing about a chicken recipe is that you can acquire the same recipe and alter some sort of couple of ingredients and have a whole new dish. Or you can easily take an existing recipe that does indeed not contain any chicken at just about all, perhaps that famous pasta salad that will you make, toss in some cubed chicken and you’ve got a complete new chicken recipe that will please your friends and family for decades to come. And of course via that one alteration, you can create a whole list of new chicken recipe dishes.
In a saucepan, bring potatoes and water to a boil. In a large saucepan, saute ham and onion in butter until onion is tender. Although this step is not absolutely necessary, it will make your soup creamier.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook potato soup (made with ham and cheese) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese):
- Make ready 16 small red potatoes, or 8 medium russet, or whatever potatoes enough to equal that
- Take 1 lb. box Velveeta Cheese or store brand, whatever flavor you like
- Prepare 1-2 onions any kind, depending on how much you like onions. (Obviously use more than 2 if you like pearl onions, just get at least a lb.)
- Make ready 1 (16 oz.) container of sour cream, or more depending on if you like it creamy
- Prepare 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted margarine or butter
- Prepare 1 cup instant mashed potatoes (Idahoan brand is my favorite)
- Make ready 8 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (or make it with 8 cups water and 8 bouillon cubes) plus ~4 cups extra water (enough to cover)
- Take 1 lb. fresh sliced carrots
- Prepare 1 cup sliced celery
- Make ready 1 lb. cooked cubed ham (approximately)
- Take 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Make ready Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Prepare Crackers and bacon bits (optional)
This potato soup calls for country ham, but feel free to use leftover smoked ham or deli ham. It's an excellent choice for a fall or winter lunch or dinner. Combine hash browns, ham, onion, celery, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a slow cooker. Place the lid on the slow cooker.
Instructions to make Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese):
- Wash and cube potatoes (1 inch thickness and add them with seasoning, carrots and ham to a covered ~12 qt. pot to boil over medium to medium-high heat in the broth until tender. (I like to cheat here and microwave the potatoes before I cut them up to help them along). Make sure you add just enough extra water to cover ingredients (~4 more cups). Stir occasionally.
- Sauté over medium heat, onions and celery in margarine or butter just until tender and add the to the pot.
- After potatoes are really fork tender (may need to taste one), melt the cheese in the microwave or a sauce pan following package directions. (I cube it and microwave 1 min. stir, 1 min. stir and 1 min. more and stir in a splash of milk to loosen it up if necessary). Add to pot and stir.
- Add instant potatoes to pot and stir until dissolved.
- Add sour cream to pot and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and let the soup thicken by simmering over low heat, probably ~10 mins depending on the amount of extra water added.
- Sit back and relax, you’re done, enjoy with/without real bacon bits and/or crackers (I like Ritz).
Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food potato soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe. There are usually men who are pretty savvy in the kitchen as well. And at this time there are a number of chicken quality recipes, especially for fried chicken that are out of this world –all developed by the male sexual category. It might seem a surprise to hear this specific, but it really is a reality.And even for a moment let us preserve in mind the nutritionary value associated with chicken. It is high in protein, low in fat, and absolutely no carbs when skinless. You may end up being surprised to learn that it can be a rich source of niacin, vitamin supplements B-6, B-12, Vitamin D, iron, and even zinc! It is pretty close to a perfect meat.