Poultry has got to be one associated with the most universal meats we possess today. You can do so substantially with it, and you get thus much from it. Have you obtained a really terrific chicken recipe that will every time your family sits lower to the table puts a teeth on their face? Most of all of us do have such a wonderful recipe, for some of us it can be fried chicken, and for others that will be our famous chicken soup.
Remove the chicken and let it cool. Toss it into a bowl, plate etc. We stay on medium heat for the rest of the process.
Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup More than likely, in the event each of us thought about that, we have enough chicken recipes of which we have created in our unique kitchens to create a whole Chicken breast Recipe Cook Book! Just think regarding the sections you could have: Deep-fried Chicken, Baked Chicken, Stewed Chicken, Poultry Soup, Chicken Salads, Chicken Dips, Roasting Chicken, Chicken Casseroles - And this specific is just touching the surface. Like a cookbook would become famous within most kitchens.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- Make ready Dark-meat chicken 2lbs (I prefer bone on to later make bone broth)
- Prepare Onion- 1/2 large, 1 whole small
- Make ready Carrots- 2 whole peeled, thin circle slices
- Take Celery- 2 whole stalks diced
- Take Garlic- 2-4 cloves (or however much you prefer), chopped
- Get 3 cups veggies of your choice (I used left over corn, peas, spinach, and mushrooms)
- Prepare Wild Rice- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal-prep)
- Prepare Black Beans- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal prep)
Add firm vegetables as they take the longest to cook. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are just soft. Hodge Podge refers to a "disorderly mess' or in the case of this recipe, "a jumble of ingredients". At first glance, the ingredients do look a little strange, but trust me, they go together so well.
Steps to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- In our house, all soups start with the same basic formula (onion, celery, carrot, garlic and bone broth- Love ya mom!). Gather these ingredients and find a heavy pot (we use a cast iron stock pot), but use what you have.
- Prepare your protein (chicken in this case) by searing it in butter or any oil you choose covered (in the soup pot if you want to save on dishes!). This step helps the protein to retain its natural moisture content and prevent that rubbery texture of say…of boiled chicken, yuck!
- Remove the chicken and let it cool. Toss it into a bowl, plate etc.
- Add a bit more butter/oil to the pot, set to medium heat and toss in the diced onion, carrot, celery till tender (5 mins or so), then add chopped garlic for a minute or two… stirring so it doesn't burn. We stay on medium heat for the rest of the process.
- Add stock. Add leftovers. Add chicken. Add spices and whatever else you want to the pot.
- Simmer for a few… 10-20 minutes depending on what you had for leftovers. Taste test. Serve hot. (Maybe with an ice cube for the littles)
- Enjoy with fam.
Hodge Podge Soup is easy comfort food and pretty much anything goes! It is called hodge podge because you can put an assortment of veggies in it. I always add brocolli and cauliflour sometimes zucchini or any other fresh veggie that strikes your fancy. For added flavour I cook the veggies in chicken or turkey stock with added water if necessary. Clean Out The Fridge Soup You can either brown some hamburger to start or what I do most often is boil up some chicken (I use thighs) in water with bouillon cubes and seasoning to taste.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup recipe. There will be men who are quite savvy throughout the kitchen as well. And presently there are a number of chicken dishes, especially for fried chicken that happen to be out of this world –all designed by the male sexuality. It might seem a surprise to hear this, but it really is a simple fact.And for a moment let us keep in mind the nutritionary value of chicken. It is high in proteins, low in fat, and absolutely zero carbs when skinless. You may get surprised to learn that it is a rich source of niacin, vitamin supplements B-6, B-12, Vitamin D, iron, and even zinc! It is pretty close to be able to a perfect meat.