Hen has got to be one involving the most universal meats we include today. You can do so much with it, and you get therefore much from it. Have you got a really terrific chicken recipe of which every time your family sits down to the table puts a teeth on their face? Most of people do have such a wonderful menu, for some of us it will be fried chicken, and for others it will be our famous chicken soup.
Sheree's Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake (Copycat) The funny thing about a hen recipe is that you can get the same recipe and alter a couple of ingredients and have the whole new dish. Or you may take an existing recipe that does indeed not contain any chicken at all of, perhaps that famous pasta salad that you make, toss in some cubed chicken and you’ve got a whole new chicken recipe that will joy your friends and family for years to come. And of course by that one alteration, you can generate a whole list of new chicken recipe dishes.
Rub all the spices into chicken by hand. Take it out and open the foil and allow to cool. I use the baking broth mixed with the soups for flavor.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sheree's grandma's chicken and rice bake (copycat) using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sheree's Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake (Copycat):
- Get Grandma's Chicken and Rice Filling
- Take 2 cup baked chicken..can use canned or rotisserie chicken
- Get 1/2 cup mayonnaise. not SALAD DRESSING!!!
- Prepare 1 can broccoli and cheese soup
- Make ready 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Make ready 1 cup broccoli (frozen)
- Get 1 can sliced carrots
- Take 2 cup cooked rice
- Take 2 cup shredded cheese
- Take 1/2 cup chicken broth or milk (optional)
- Take topping
- Get 1 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- Take 4 tbsp butter, melted
- Get if baking a chicken
- Make ready 4 leg quarters
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- Get 1/4 tsp season salt (like Lawry's)
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Make ready 2 stalks celery, minced
- Take 1/4 cup onion, minced
- Prepare 1 cup bell pepper (green, red, and yellow) I use frozen… its cheaper
Best of all, you can make this casserole ahead of time and freeze it for a busy day. Because this recipe is made from. This top secret recipe for Stouffer's Copycat Grandma's Chicken & Rice Bake has all the flavors of the creamy casserole you love, made in your own kitchen! If you love the combination of chicken, rice, vegetables and a delicious cream sauce, you'll go crazy for this easy casserole recipe.
Instructions to make Sheree's Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake (Copycat):
- Basically I use leg quarters because I love the taste better. The thighs can be deboned before cooking. This meal is a perfect (FREEZER CASSEROLE).
- If you are using pre-cooked chicken go to step #5
- If FREEZING do not add CORN FLAKES or BUTTER. It will be soggy.
- IF YOU ARE BAKING YOUR OWN CHICKEN…. Put 4 leg quarters in a large bowl. Put everything on the chicken in the bowl. Use the ingredients listed for baking only. Rub all the spices into chicken by hand. Place in a baking dish cover with foil and cook at 375° for 1 1/2 hours. Take it out and open the foil and allow to cool. I use the baking broth mixed with the soups for flavor.
- Put all ingredients for the casserole in a baking dish… I use disposable aluminum pans when I freeze this. If you use pre cooked chicken add about 1/2 cup of milk to mix soups.
- Mix well put the crushed corn flakes on top and drizzle melted butter on top.
- Bake casserole uncovered… For 35-40 minutes at 350°.
- If frozen allow to thaw before baking.
And finally the chicken and rice casserole aka Grandma's Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake, with a few scoops taken out because we just couldn't wait! Even though it's an all-in-one meal, it would look so lonely on a plate all by itself, so here it is, served with more carrots and steamed broccoli. Grandma's Chicken and Rice Casserole is one of those dishes the entire family will eat. This casserole is a perfect way to take leftover chicken, rice - and even hard-boiled eggs - and turn them into a whole new dish. This is a great use for leftover rice.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food sheree's grandma's chicken and rice bake (copycat) recipe. There happen to be men who are quite savvy in the kitchen as well. And generally there are a number of chicken dishes, especially for fried chicken that are out of this world –all created by the male sex. It could seem a surprise to hear this particular, but it really is a reality.Together with for a moment let us continue to keep in mind the nutritionary value regarding chicken. It is high in necessary protein, low in fat, and absolutely simply no carbs when skinless. You may be surprised to learn that it will be a rich source of niacin, vitamins B-6, B-12, Vitamin D, iron, and even zinc! It is pretty close to a perfect meat.