Chicken has got to be one regarding the most universal meats we own today. You can do so much with it, and you get hence much from it. Have you acquired a really terrific chicken recipe that will every time your family sits down to the table puts a teeth on their face? Most of us all do have such a wonderful menu, for some of us it is fried chicken, and for others that will be our famous chicken soup.
Maqluba or Maqlooba (Arabic: مقلوبة) is a traditional Syrian, Iraqi, Palestinian, and Jordanian dish served throughout the Levant. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven lightly coated with evoo and over medium-high heat, brown chicken, skin side down until caramelized and crispy.
Chicken Maqluba (Iraqi) More than likely, if each of us thought about this, we have enough chicken recipes that will we have created in our individual kitchens to create a whole Chicken Recipe Cook Book! Just think of the sections you could have: Fried Chicken, Baked Chicken, Stewed Chicken, Poultry Soup, Chicken Salads, Chicken Dips, Roasted Chicken, Chicken Casseroles - And this is just touching the surface. Such a cookbook would become famous within most kitchens.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken maqluba (iraqi) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Maqluba (Iraqi):
- Prepare 1 Kg Chicken Thighs
- Prepare 2 Aubergines
- Prepare 3 Tomatoes
- Make ready 2 Onions
- Make ready 2 Bell Peppers
- Prepare 4 Potatoes
- Get 2 Cups Rice
- Make ready 3 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- Take 2 Stock Cube (Chicken/Veg)
- Take 2 Tbsp Turmeric
- Prepare 2 Tbsp Cumin
- Make ready 1 Tbsp Salt
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste (3 Cloves)
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
- Get Vegetable Oil
Quickly flip the pot over onto the platter to un-mold the Maqluba. Remove the tortilla, and serve the Maqluba with salad on the side. Makloubi is usually made with the following ingredients: rice, meat (lamb, beef, or chicken), vegetables (eggplant, onions, peppers, potatoes, and tomatoes), and spices. One of the most delicious and elegant meal in the iraqi cuisine.
Instructions to make Chicken Maqluba (Iraqi):
- Season the chicken overnight with Mixed herbs, Turmeric and Cumin. - In a large deep pot, fry garlic and the chicken on both sides for 5-10minutes making sure to season with more Cumin and Turmeric to taste. Remove the chicken and add to a baking tray, cover with foil and place in a 200C heated oven to bake for up to 45minutes.
- In circular shapes, slice the Onions, Aubergines, Bell peppers, Potatoes and Tomatoes, then season with salt. In the same pot, fry the vegetables and set them on paper towel to soak up the extra oil after frying. Align the vegetables neatly at the bottom of the pot layering it from Aubergines, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Onions and Potatoes before adding the cooked chicken.
- Wash the rice before cooking and in a separate pot, use the same oil used to fry the chicken and vegetables and add 3 Tbsp Tomato Puree. Add the rice into the pot, sauté for a minute before adding 2 cups of water with 2 Chicken/Veg Stock Cube. Allow the water to start boiling before turning the heat to low. Cover the pot with foil, its own lid followed by two tea towels. Check the rice 10/15minutes later, stirring once ever so gently and adding water if needed.
- Once the rice is cooked, add to the pot of vegetables and chicken making sure its stacked neatly. Cook on a low heat for 10minutes, leave to cool for few minutes and then add a large tray on top of the uncovered pot. Flip over gently and letting it rest for few minutes to hold shape. Remove the pot slowly and gently to avoid the maqluba from collapsing.
It is not everyday or even weekly meal. This is a big and time consuming meal. You make it for the occasions and for loved one. You can make maqluba with chicken, beef cubes, ground turkey, ground beef… etc. I used to make maqluba with cubed beef stew.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken maqluba (iraqi) recipe. There are usually men who are really savvy in the kitchen as well. And presently there are a number of chicken formulas, especially for fried chicken that are usually out of this world –all made by the male sexuality. It may well seem a surprise to hear this specific, but it really is a simple fact.And even for a moment let us preserve in mind the dietary value associated with chicken. It is high in protein, low in fat, and absolutely no carbs when skinless. You may end up being surprised to learn that it will be a rich source of niacin, vitamin supplements B-6, B-12, Vitamin D, iron, plus zinc! It is pretty close in order to a perfect meat.