Poultry has got to be one regarding the most universal meats we have got today. You can do so significantly with it, and you get hence much from it. Have you got a really terrific chicken recipe that every time your family sits straight down to the table puts a teeth on their face? Most of all of us do have such a wonderful menu, for some of us it is fried chicken, and for others this will be our famous chicken soup.
Ajiaco (Spanish pronunciation: ) is a soup common to Colombia, Cuba, and Peru. Scholars have debated the origin of the dish. The dish is especially popular in the Colombian capital, Bogotá, being called Ajiaco santafereño, where it is typically made with chicken, three varieties of potatoes, and the herb Galinsoga parviflora, known locally as guasca or guascas.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have ajiaco | chicken creamy soup using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup:
- Get chicken breast
- Make ready vegetable oil
- Take minced garlic cloves
- Make ready chopped medium onion
- Make ready "papa criollas" (petite)
- Get Yukon gold potates or "papa amarilla", peeled & cut in 4
- Get Russet or white potatoes, peeled & cut in 4
- Make ready fresh corns, cut in 2 pieces
- Prepare chopped cilantro
- Make ready guascas
- Prepare scallions, chopped
- Prepare chicken broth
- Take water
- Make ready a dried oregano
- Prepare heavy cream
- Make ready capers
- Make ready avocados (optional)
- Prepare Salt and black pepper
Colombian Ajiaco is a chicken and potato soup made with corn on the cob, cilantro, and guascas-a herb from the daisy family used in Colombian cuisine. It is native to the region of Bogotá, Colombia's sprawling, high-altitude capital, and is perfect for cold winter nights and whenever you need a bowl of comforting chicken soup. Ajiaco, a chicken and potato soup from Colombia. It's typically served in a clay pot accompanied by avocado, crema, capers and corn on the cob.
Steps to make Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup:
- Place the chicken breast (in strips), chicken broth, water, garlic, onion, cilantro, scallions, oil, and salt and pepper into a large pot. Boil them over medium-high heat for about 35mins, or until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Add to the pot the three types of potatoes (yellow, white, and creole), and guascas. Cook for 20mins more. Make sure that the “papa amarilla” has melted with the soup.
- Correct with salt and pepper as needed. Add the cilantro and oregano on top. Serve it with capers, heavy cream, and pieces of avocado on the side.
Ajiaco is a specialty of Bogotá, and typically includes three kinds of potatoes, including papas criollas, which are small yellow potatoes. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add yuca, pumpkin, potatoes, malanga, boniato, plantains. Ajiaco is a Cuban stew consisting of different indiginous root vegetables. It is incredibly tasty and nutritious.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food ajiaco | chicken creamy soup recipe. There are men who are pretty savvy throughout the kitchen as well. And presently there are a number of chicken quality recipes, especially for fried chicken that will be out of this world –all produced by the male sexual category. It could seem a surprise to hear this, but it really is a simple fact.And even for a moment let us keep in mind the health value of chicken. It is high in proteins, low in fat, and absolutely no carbs when skinless. You may end up being surprised to learn that it is definitely a rich source of niacin, nutritional vitamins B-6, B-12, Vitamin D, iron, together with zinc! It is pretty close in order to a perfect meat.