Poultry has got to be one involving the most universal meats we include today. You can do so substantially with it, and you get hence much from it. Have you acquired a really terrific chicken recipe that every time your family sits down to the table puts a giggle on their face? Most of us all do have such a wonderful menu, for some of us it is definitely fried chicken, and for others it will be our famous chicken soup.
Chicken Tortilla Soup The funny thing about a rooster recipe is that you can get the same recipe and alter a new couple of ingredients and have a whole new dish. Or you could take an existing recipe that does not contain any chicken at just about all, perhaps that famous pasta salad that you make, toss in some cubed chicken and you’ve got an entire new chicken recipe that will impress your friends and family for yrs to come. And of course via that one alteration, you can create a whole list of new hen recipe dishes.
Learn To Make Ancho Tortilla Soup W/ This Easy Recipe From McCormick®. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken tortilla soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Make ready 2 cup Shredded Chicken
- Take 2 quart Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Get 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- Get 15 oz Black Beans
- Take 15 oz Corn
- Prepare 1/2 cup Chopped Onions
- Take 1/2 cup Diced Celery
- Take 2 clove Minced Garlic
- Get 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- Make ready 1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro Leaves
- Take 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Prepare 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- Prepare 1/2 cup Chopped Carrots
- Get 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- Make ready 2 tbsp Butter
- Take Toppings
- Take 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack
- Take 5 Corn Tortillas
- Get 1 Sour Cream
- Get 2 Avocados
Serve with tortilla chips if desired. Fry tortilla strips until crisp and browned; remove with a slotted spoon. Chicken tortilla soup is like a taco in soup form. Its rich tomato and chicken broth pairs perfectly with chunky veggies, shredded chicken, beans and sweet corn.
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Preheat your soup pot on medium high. Add butter. Melt it down, and add the carrots, celery and onion. Stir down for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cilantro. Stir another minute.
- Add diced cooked chicken and spices. Stir another minute, coating the chicken with the spices.
- Add tomato sauce. Let thicken for a couple minutes, then add the broth or stock. Bring back to a rapid boil, then set heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, fry tortilla strips at 375°F for about 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Shred the cheese and slice the avocado.
- After 30 minutes, check the soup. Add up to 1 teaspoon of salt, to your taste.
- Garnish with tortilla strips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and avocado wedges.
You can sprinkle some tortilla strips right on top with a healthy handful of cheese, or pair the dish with soft Dinner Rolls. Loosely scatter the tortilla strips, evenly drizzle with olive oil, evenly sprinkle with kosher salt, toss with hands to. While strips bake, begin making the soup. To a large Dutch oven or. Come home to amazing flavors like green chiles, diced tomatoes, cumin, cilantro and tasty tortilla chips.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken tortilla soup recipe. There happen to be men who are pretty savvy in the kitchen as well. And at this time there are a number of chicken formulas, especially for fried chicken that happen to be out of this world –all produced by the male gender. It may seem a surprise to hear this particular, but it really is a simple fact.Plus for a moment let us retain in mind the healthy value associated with chicken. It is high in proteins, low in fat, and absolutely not any carbs when skinless. You may turn out to be surprised to learn that it will be a rich source of niacin, vitamins B-6, B-12, Vitamin D, iron, plus zinc! It is pretty close to a perfect meat.