Poultry has got to be one involving the most universal meats we have today. You can do so substantially with it, and you get so much from it. Have you obtained a really terrific chicken recipe that every time your family sits lower to the table puts a smile on their face? Most of all of us do have such a wonderful recipe, for some of us it is usually fried chicken, and for others that will be our famous chicken soup.
Chicken Enchiladas The funny thing about a chicken recipe is that you can take the same recipe and alter a couple of ingredients and have a whole new dish. Or you may take an existing recipe that will not contain any chicken at all, perhaps that famous pasta salad that will you make, toss in some cubed chicken and you’ve got a whole new chicken recipe that will joy your friends and family for several years to come. And of course coming from that one alteration, you can produce a whole list of new chicken breast recipe dishes.
For a different take on chicken enchiladas that will make everyone happy, give this one a try! Slow cooking gently melds together the flavors of chicken thigh meat, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and green chiles.. Stir in the chicken, beans and chiles.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Enchiladas:
- Take 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Make ready 1 (10 oz) can rotel
- Take 1 (28 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- Get 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- Take 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- Take 2 (4 oz) can green Chile diced
- Make ready 1 (32 oz) chicken cooking stock
- Get Your favorite marinade
- Prepare Corn tortillas shells
Add the onion, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano and ground black pepper. Stir in salt, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, green pepper and garlic. To assemble the enchiladas, dip a tortilla into the sauce then lay on a sheet pan or plate. Sprinkle some cheese down the middle, followed by some chicken, and finally, some of the caramelized onions.
Instructions to make Chicken Enchiladas:
- Cut chicken breasts in to strips about 1-2 inches thick. Then place in to marinade and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut up onion and place in a stock pot with butter. Add chicken and cook until chicken is browned.
- Add soup, rotel, stewed tomatoes, green Chile’s and chicken stock to pot. Let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and place in a bowl to cool. Shred chicken when cool enough.
- Put heavy whipping cream in small saucepan and warm. Dip corn tortillas in warm cream and fill with chicken and some cheese. Roll up and place in pan with some of the sauce left over from chicken.
- Top with cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Put just a small amount of enchilada sauce on top if desired. I use the stewed tomatoes and some of the sauce from chicken pot.
Roll it up tightly, then place it, seam side down, in the pan. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Helpful Tips for Making Chicken Enchiladas: I always have shredded chicken breast on hand, I usually make a whole package of chicken breast in my slow cooker to use for recipes throughout the week. Zippy Chicken Enchiladas Leftover chicken gets an awesome makeover in this rich and creamy casserole. This colorful dish is loaded with flavor.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken enchiladas recipe. There happen to be men who are very savvy within the kitchen as well. And there are a number of chicken formulas, especially for fried chicken that happen to be out of this world –all produced by the male male or female. It may well seem a surprise to hear this, but it really is a reality.Plus for a moment let us preserve in mind the nutritionary value of chicken. It is high in necessary protein, low in fat, and absolutely not any carbs when skinless. You may become surprised to learn that it is definitely a rich source of niacin, vitamins B-6, B-12, Vitamin D, iron, in addition to zinc! It is pretty close to a perfect meat.