Hen has got to be one of the most universal meats we have today. You can do so much with it, and you get thus much from it. Have you acquired a really terrific chicken recipe of which every time your family sits lower to the table puts a laugh on their face? Most of us do have such a wonderful menu, for some of us it can be fried chicken, and for others this will be our famous chicken soups.
Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup The funny thing about a chicken breast recipe is that you can acquire the same recipe and alter the couple of ingredients and have some sort of whole new dish. Or you can take an existing recipe that will not contain any chicken at all, perhaps that famous pasta salad that you make, toss in some cubed chicken and you’ve got an entire new chicken recipe that will impress your friends and family for yrs to come. And of course through that one alteration, you can make a whole list of new poultry recipe dishes.
Great recipe for Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup. As the old adage goes, "When it rains. With their lack of taste and smell, I decided an extremely flavorful Mexican, "tummy.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's spicy mexican sick day chicken noodle soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Take 4 (14 oz) Cans Chicken Broth
- Get 2 Heaping Cups Pre-Cooked Shreaded Chicken [packed]
- Make ready 1 Can (28 oz) Green Tomatoes [aka Tomatillos - smashed by hand]
- Take 2 (4 oz) Cans Diced Hatch Green Chilies
- Prepare 1 Can (10 oz) ROTEL Tomatoes [with green chile]
- Take 1/2 tsp Mexican Oregeno
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp Ground Cumin [+ 1/2 tbsp reserves before serving]
- Make ready 1 EX LG Jalapeño [minced]
- Make ready 1 LG White Onion [chopped]
- Make ready 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves]
- Prepare 2 Stalks Celery [with leaves - chopped]
- Prepare 2 tbsp Fresh Garlic [minced]
- Make ready 2 LG Carrots [small chopped]
- Take 1/2 Cup Green Bell Peppers [minced]
- Prepare 2 tbsp Fresh Mexican Basil
- Make ready to taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Chicken Bullion Or Salt [feel free to add extra salt to this dish. your kiddos will definitely need a little encouragement to drink more fluids while sick. but still, ALWAYS refer to your pediatrician first]
- Make ready 1/3 Cup Mexican Beer [optional]
- Make ready Lemon Wedges [optional]
- Get 1 tbsp Lime Juice [or to taste + reserve wedges]
- Get Avocados [garnish]
- Get as needed Egg Noodles
- Get as needed Baking Soda [acid reducer]
Here is how you cook it. Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup You need of For The Soup. Provide of For The Broth & Spices.
Instructions to make Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Small chop all of your vegetables and throw everything [except for anything listed as reserves, garnish or noodles] in a large pot. Boil on high for 20 minutes covered. Or, until your small chopped carrots are softened. They're your best [doneness] indicator.
- At 20 minutes, boil your egg noodles as per manufactures directions. Usually 7 minutes - in a separate pot. If not boiled in a separate pot, you'll dust up your soup with a carb clouded murky broth. Yuck! Do the same with your rice if you choose to employ it. Add 1 tsp salt and a dash of oil to your noodles and cover. Stir occasionally. Drain and add noodles to your soup. Do not rinse your noodles.
- ● Important Steps: Taste test your soup. If you feel your broth is too acidic based upon the high amounts of green/red tomatoes, jalapeños and lemon/lime juice, add a good pinch of baking soda while your soup is at a heavy boil. She'll foam up quite a bit she'll settle right down when stirred. So, no worries. Add another pinch of baking soda if you feel it's needed after a minute or so. Also, add additional 1/2 tbsp Cumin to your pot just before serving. You'll want that extra kick! Add water as needed for additional broth. Sick kids throats do appreciate their hot broth! I also add additional fresh chilled cilantro [my kids do love their cilantro!] and mix gently just prior to serving.
- Serve soup piping hot with chilled lime or lemon wedges, [both work quite well, especially on sore throats!] fresh cilantro, avocado slices, tortilla chips [if only to serve their scratchy little throats!] and fresh flour tortillas as an absorbent tummy filler. A dollop of sour cream is also a great addition if, they don't have upset tummies. Any creams will only curdle in their tiny stomachs. Enjoy!
Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup instructions Author's Note: Keep chicken separated from other kitchen items and ingredients until boil to avoid any risk of cross-contamination. Also, dark chicken meat with the bone in [like that of chicken thighs, etc,.] make for a more flavorful soup. Great recipe for Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup. This is what she came up with. It was so easy - she didn't even sweat her. spicy mexican chicken noodle soup.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mike's spicy mexican sick day chicken noodle soup recipe. There are usually men who are very savvy in the kitchen as well. And presently there are a number of chicken formulas, especially for fried chicken that are usually out of this world –all produced by the male male or female. It may seem a surprise to hear this kind of, but it really is a fact.Together with for a moment let us continue to keep in mind the health value of chicken. It is high in healthy proteins, low in fat, and absolutely no carbs when skinless. You may turn out to be surprised to learn that it will be a rich source of niacin, vitamin supplements B-6, B-12, Vitamin D, iron, plus zinc! It is pretty close in order to a perfect meat.